10 March 2015

Raglan (Cowl Neck) Hoodie

Fabric from my $1/bag steal & ~2 yards of sweatshirt fleece + template from two existing jackets + awesome tutorial for sleeve thumb holes = new hoodie sweatshirt!

Pieces cut and ready to be sewn together
The patterned fabric was super stretchy and thin so I lined it with the sweatshirt fleece...which meant loss of stretchiness and a super snug fit. How to remedy? Side panels!

Too tight to close! >.<
I also had issues making the hood since my sweatshirt template had a cowl neck with no hood. The amalgam I cut out ended up being too small...so I added a middle panel! Common theme with this project, eh? Either way, it turned out quite well and is super comfy :)

Thumb holes :D :D

It kept me pretty warm whilst spring breaking in NC, too! 





No comments:

Post a Comment