21 July 2017

Check meowt

Decided to sew something on a whim from my large stash of fabrics and it turned out to be this polka dot cat fabric.

Familiar? Why yes, I literally used it only two projects ago! Since I used half of the original amount previously, I felt a little limited by what I could do, but managed to eek out a shirt.


I used an existing casual long sleeve button down as my template. As expected, I didn't have enough fabric to make full sleeves so I made them short. I probably should have feminized it by making it sleeveless but oh well. I suppose I'll save this for when my hair has grown out a bit longer (or not!)


The toughest part for me was making buttonholes since I've never had to do them before. You'd expect them to be easy since the machine has the capability for performing it, but having to adjust the tension and then nearly running out of my thread...I wasn't particularly pleased. However, the buttons and buttonholes are functional and that's all that matters. 😂

2 comments: